Tuesday 25 July 2017

Q1 2017 Update for Mapletree Logistics Trust



MLT released their Q1 results yesterday. Here are some key highlight of their Q1 2017 performance.
  • DPU increased by 2% from 1.85 to 1.887 cents.
  • Slight decrease in Net Asset Value from S$1.04 to 1.02.
  • Aggregate leverage increased slightly from 38.5 to 39%.
  • 79% debt hedged into fixed rates & 70% of income stream for FY17/18 hedged into SGD.
  • Decrease in portfolio occupancy rate to 95.5% on 30 Jun 17 from 96.3% on 31 Mar 17 

While MLT's DPU has continued to rise, I am slightly surprised by the decrease in portfolio occupancy rate; which is likely due to the dip in occupancy in South Korea from 98.4% to 83.3%. Will continue to monitor if there are any improvements in the next quarter results. I still rate MLT as a quality purchase and there should be no major business issues in the near-term. 

Most of my shortlisted shares have already well-exceeded my target buy price. On the sell side, some stocks are reaching my target sell price. However I am likely to adopt a wait-and-see attitude before making any sell decisions as there are no significant changes to the global landscape yet. During this period I am likely to focus on building up my cash "war-chest" to prepare myself to buy in when opportunity arises. 

Related Posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop your comments here!